The morning was so lovely as I had a chance to journal and spend some quality time reading in this big pink chair (thanks Ris!)

Some excerpts on the chapter I was blessed to read today from Ann Voskamp:
Fear keeps a life small.
Are stress and worry evidences of a soul too lazy, too undisciplined, to keep gaze fixed on God?
If I deep trusted God in all the facets of my life, wouldn't that deep heal my anxiety, my self-condemnation, my soul holes?
Thanks is what builds trust.
Gratitude is a memory of God's heart and to thank is to remember God.....because remembering with thanks is what causes us to trust - to really believe.
I'm learning.....
What seems to be a pattern is that the kids are naughty when I pick them up from my moms. This lasts until 10 minutes after we get home. I told Hudson today that it hurt my heart that he was naughty. He says "oh". We sit in silence for a while in his room. I was wearing a hat when I went to mom's house and he said he didn't know me so was naughty. I was also wearing a shirt they have never seen me wear before. Then he says, 'your hair pretty momma, but i only like your shirt a little bit.' He is very into colors lately. Anything blue or green are "his". Anything pink or purple are Téa's. Orange is a toss up. That boy - yes he has me wrapped around his finger. We make up and are friends again.

This little missy turned 4 months old yesterday! Her arms and legs were moving so fast it was a challenge to get a good pic :)

This afternoon we washed T's hair, which is a pretty big job. She did great and I am learning, but also opt for the easiest 'do'.

Pretty girl

3 days down :) 9 to go!
4 comments:
I feel you on the woken-up-by-baby front Sebastian has not been sleeping well at all lately (teething, sickness, etc.), and he's 7 months old! It's hard to be patient when I expected more sleep by now :-)
Also, I've been reading Ann Voskamp's book this month and it is deeply changing me. Just what I needed, I think.
It IS hard to be patient! Hang in there ALexis :) I agree that Ann's book is deeply changing. Would be fun to hang out and talk about it one day!
I'm sorry that they are so naughty when they come home from my house. What should I change to make it better? I love your daily updates!
Not sure momma, it's mainly hudson....maybe it's a bit of separation anxiety, that once i'm back he has to play 'tough'? Just takes time :)
Post a Comment