So this here blog is one little way i get to process things and have a tiny creative outlet since I no longer scrapbook :)
I have SO many goals for 2012, which I hope to share soon, but for now let's reflect and give thanks for December!
I had probably over planned our Advent activities this year. I am so eager to celebrate new traditions with our kids and as always expected a bit too much. I'm learning. I had made a little felt board with a nativity scene. When i gave it to the kids to play with while I read the story from Luke, they just fought about who should go where and totally missed the whole point of the activity :( ah well, at least they are familiar with the story......i still think its funny that baby Jesus is always this white baby with blonde hair :)

Yes, the country girl in me LOVES that we have Wranglers in our house!! These Wrangler butts definitely drive me nuts as they are so cute!!

For mom's birthday celebration we went on the Polar Express in Hood RIver - such a fun experience! Peter and I snuck away for a quick bite at Horse Feathers - a great place with yummy food and a great view of the Columbia - it was so fun that it was just Peter and I (even though we only had 15 minutes) we loved it!

I snapped this photo a few seconds too late. So let me set it up a little for you....
Lucy was laying on the floor in a more empty room on Christmas Eve. Hudson saw this and came over and laid down next to her in the sweetest big brother way just still for a few seconds - then proceeded to show her Woody, who he cherishes.

Christmas Eve was a special blessing to get to share our kids with our extended family. Precious to me.


Christmas Morning with the Hibbses was super fun...some of the cousins were missing, but it was such a joy to see my kids get to have holiday time with their Boppa - playing with the racetrack.


And finally getting to welcome a new friend for Lucy. Here she is with baby T who is only about 2 months younger.

The kids haven't gotten to see snow yet, but hopefully one of these days we can sneak up to the mountain and make some snowmen. Quite a different December for us in 2011 - I am ready for 2012 for sure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment