
Upon the occasion of my birth I decided to use an old family recipe and make Red Velvet Cake.
Growing up this was the cake of all cakes and one people always wished for.
It was fun to give it a go and it turned out alright....a tiny bit overcooked, but still tasty.

Here are some other pics of us at home just doing the normal family things.
I am learning to cherish the simple things lately and savor them because it seems life goes by so quickly. Hudson loves helping with the dishes...Matéa didn't like getting suds on her arm ;)



I had such a blessed day and was able to have my regular meeting with one of the student leaders I meet with and talk about the heart of God as seen in Hosea and the series we are going through at church with Tim Keller - rich stuff.
Another hi-light was that while I was working on the computer Hudson comes around the corner holding a big bouquet of flowers and Matéa a card. I'm still discovering this 'mother' love and for whatever reason...seeing Hudson so proud and excited to carry the flowers and give them to me was precious and brought me to tears - the other night after singing her her goodnight songs Matéa says, 'mommy you're so funny' - precious.
Peter was wonderful and cooked me the best dinner we have had in years - his culinary talent is incredible - thanks babe for using your creativity, wisdom and love to deliver such a special night and make me feel so cherished.
And finally my friend Samantha had me over to her place where she is currently bachin' it since her husband is in Canada, one daughter has whooping cough and her youngest a terrible cold....I was so humbled that she still hosted the 7 of us. It was so great to hang out with these ladies, who i can praise God for as they are becoming 'friends'. We played Taboo and finished off the night with a game of Cranium, where the pinnacle was me drawing a hum-dinger card for Time Warp (The Rocky Horror Picture Show). I can honesty say i've never heard this song so i passed it to a teammate. When they all learned that I had never heard the song they all start singing it - plus doing the hand motions with me as their audience. It truly warmed my heart and i felt very loved in addition to being entertained :)
So thank you to God for allowing me to be born, to continue to know Him more, to feel His sunshine on my face, experience the love from my kiddos & hubby and other women who are such servants. My heart is full...thank you too for these words that draw me closer to you....
I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around
those who fear him, and he delivers them.
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
5 comments:
i love you jen. your post brought some tears. sweet moments and i'm so thankful for how God continues to walk with you and shine Himself through you to me and others!
ahh thanks cheryl. sure love you girl!
Happy day after birthday, Jenn! Good to see the pics. Can I have the red velvet recipe?
So good to see how He is using you.
Yes definently tears. I was just catching up on some blogs! You have such a beautiful family! I do have to be honest & let you know that Hudson must get his dressing up from you Jen! You were the one with all those wild wigs! Ah that cracks me up!
Love & wish I could spend time with you guys face to face!
Love you Jen and miss you,.....I think you are the best
Post a Comment