Thursday, November 26, 2009

the moving process

Hi guys, it seems that I am primarily posting pics of our fam, but that is what my main focus is right now! I would love to have some great photos of Peter's work in transitioning the Student Life email system from Microsoft Exchange server 2003 to Google domain for apps, and getting the team updated with more efficient technology, but it probably won't happen and wouldn't be as cute as Téa & Hudson :)

Here are some shots of the moving process for us...

Packing up and prepping all the stuff we found from garage sales, shops, & ebay.


Our new home on Gundry!


The Lord provided a great deal at an inexpensive furnitre place on a 'home starter' package. Just had to do some "minor" assembling...
You'll probably all think i am silly, but one of the first meals I made was Šaltibarsčai (cold beet soup) with boiled potatoes and eggs. I had been craving it...esp with the 90 degree weather. I managed to pull it off and it was delicious!












We took a quick trip to Sweden (well IKEA at least) and found a great deal on this adorable green kids table. I also had another go at doing Téa's hair. Not cornrows yet, but just a twist row...it takes some practice for the old fingers and will take some time to get the coordination for cornrows. Decided to try Hudson's hair in a mowhawk, but wasn't too successful with that either!

SO much to be thankful for this year. As i was reflecting on where I was at in my heart and mind this time last year it was a much different place, the Lord grows us so much through both pain and joy...hope & despair. He is faithful and I still marvel at His provision for us. Thank you for being in our lives!

4 comments:

matt & cheryl said...

we miss you guys. love all your updates

Stephanie L. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Hibbs Family! We love you guys... so glad you are getting a little more settled. We are thankful for your service to Him and His people.

Janet said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your new home looks great. And I'm glad it has replaced that picture of Hudson's nose. :)

I & J Hibbs said...

Everything looks great!! So excited that you guys are getting settled in!!