I am so blessed to have been able to take 2 trips to MT in 2 months...considering it's been about 3 years since I've been there. Our second trip was for my nephews wedding reception in Choteau, but we snuck a stop in Missoula, Bozeman and White Sulphur as well. A visit with my cousin in Missoula was first off - so nice to have time with him.
This was the sunrise on the first morning. Sadly there have been many forest fires this year.
I love that all of us woke up got our beverage and went outside to watch the sun come up.
It was the first time I have been able to visit my Grandmother's grave since she passed away right before we left for Australia. It was good for me. Good to remember Grammie. Good for us to try to explain death to the kids. One of my goals was to hike the "M" with the kids. One day we will do this, but for now this pic is as close as we got- it's behind the kids on the Bridgers.
I asked the kids what their favorite part of Montana was and this was Hudsons. Not far from where we stayed was a huge Dinosaur park and you could operate this 'digger'. Hudson loved it - I loved it as it talked about all the dinosaurs that used to roam Montana.
My beautiful girls...
Jilly is one big reason we went to Bozeman. I met Jill in 1994 at Freshman orientation when we hit it off and decided to be roommates in Hapner Hall! Oh the memories we shared. God used her very significantly in my life and it was so great to have time together again - like no time has passed.Here are our kids with 2 of Jills sweet girls.
love that we got to wear our cowboy boots quite a bit :)
Grandpa Dave & Gramma Gail stopped by on their way up north. It was a blessing to see Dad with the kids.
Here it is again...that grass. So beautiful!
A dream? This white horse is Cody. The granddaughter of my first horse Tequila. She has a filly with no name. I am entertaining the possibility of calling them mine...we'll see.We made it to Choteau and Lucy and I got to attend a Threshing Bee with my Dad and Gail :) It was fun to see all this old farm machinery...eat some wheat and reminisce a bit more :)
On the Ranch....Hudson got his first taste of driving. Matéa got her turn too, but i didn't have hands free to take a picture:) We even got cowdog Hank in the back!The party was fun - dancing and visiting and celebrating Colton & Jesse. This was the mother-son dance.
I am so thankful for where I was blessed to grow up and for the family I still have there. Hopefully it won't be another 3 years til I make it back :)















1 comment:
When Huds is driving, he is SO focused. Funny!! That is the only pic I have of me and Chuck dancing too. Awesome!! That was the BEST weekend!! mom
Post a Comment