A little pre-hike dance time
Hudson still dancin...
Last week I made a list of outings I would love to go on around Toowoomba. Part of this is tapping into my spiritual temperaments of being a Naturalist/Contemplative.
As a Naturalist I most often feel close to God while outdoors. Something inside my soul comes alive when I am surrounded by God's splendor: mountains, desert, plains, beach....just being outside increases my awareness of God. It helps me see in detail what God has made and is like receiving a little love note from Him...reaching down into my soul and amazing me with His rhythm, timing, textures, sounds, colors and seasons of life & death. It reminds me that He is the Creator and I am not.

My amazing Husband on the other hand has the spiritual temperament of an Intellectual. This type loves God best through using their minds to ponder Jesus and His truths. His mind always seems to be considering truth so his heart can be engaged. For him right thinking is essential and he loves learning new things about God and His Kingdom. He gets bored when his mind is not fully stimulated. He uses his cognitive ability to love God and I deeply appreciate the way God has wired him ;) So, I begged and we were able to go explore Crow's Nest Falls (about an hour drive from Twba). I was SO excited to discover a new place!

The kids loved it and Téa walked the entire way - I wonder what their spiritual temperaments will be?
No comments:
Post a Comment