Saturday, September 25, 2010

oregon


Tim Keller says that Home is not primarily a place...it's a relationship. A relationship where you belong and are accepted. Home is the place you were created for ...the person you were created for. These are a few of the thoughts that I've been 'noodling' on that bring peace to my longing heart. For now I am so thankful we get to visit one of our 'homes' here on the earth = Oregon. We leave in 2 days and are in the midst of piles, lists, trying to think through what to bring that will keep the kids entertained for hours on the first 14 hour flight, then the second 2 hour flight, etc. Pray for us if you think of it.

Above is a photo of our refrigerator. It is filled with people we love dearly, pray for and talk about often. It will be a big experience for the kids to reunite with their family. Please pray for this adjustment too. We are all really looking forward to some affection and love from family and friends as life can make you weary without it eh?

Hudson had just eaten an M&M....of course they do melt in your hand as it took him 5 minutes to eat one!


Playing Dress-ups

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that you're going to oregon..in 2 days!?! yikes. i wish our time there overlapped. that would be funny to see each other there rather then here. :) i hope your travels go well and that your time is incredibly refreshing. write while you're there!!! ooxoxxoo

Unknown said...

One reason I am glad that I am not back in Europe yet... I get to see you guys!

Tiana said...

When do we get to hang out?

matt & cheryl said...

i think this is the first time i've wished i lived back in portland right now. when you're back "home" again, i'd love to skype. love and miss you