Saturday, December 19, 2009

siblings

We were able to take a quick trip to the beach and it was such a fun time, but definitely not relaxing. It was our first time taking a "holiday" with kids and as most of you know it is an entirely different experience!
Sand is fun and all, but trying to keep it in it's place is impossible. Hudson went ahead and just swallowed mouthfuls!
Both were fascinated by the ocean and Téa quite confused that it was so salty.

I have really been enjoying observing them as siblings. Growing us as an only child (I do have a half brother 10 yrs older) I never experienced having a sibling close to my age. They really enjoy playing together and typically first thing in the morning one is wondering where the other is. What a praise that the Lord has given them as siblings to each other, especially since we didn't know if either of them would be part of our family this time last year!

God is revealing their story and what an honor that we get to be a part of it.


Matéa truly is one tough chic, especially with her peeled apple slice-




2 comments:

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing. I love your stories.:) Isn't it interesting that we are perfect parents prior to children, and then... All sorts of things to learn! I enjoyed Peter's blog awhile back. I'm sure God created families so that we could experience just a small taste of what He goes through as our Father.

Rakel said...

We so love you and praise God for your beautiful little ones....yes, having and raising kids is an adventure....and oh so much fun. Glad you were able to take a little break....praying for you.