" I need other cultures more than they need me."
The questions was asked, "How close to do you get to people", the response, "We have to get close enough to people that they can stab us in the back."
"Introducing someone to Jesus is like setting them up on a blind date."
"The God that you believe in is the product of your wounds."
"God does reveal himself through ALL of life, but we need the scripture to make it clear - like God is handing us glasses saying, 'see the world thru these - thru me."
"God's purpose in pain & suffering is to announce to the world that it is not the way it's supposed to be."
"The world is a dirty place that we try to make all clean & sterile...nothing beautiful grows in a sterile environment. The world is a very dirty place: manure, decay, decomp and in the midst of it Jesus' kingdom breaks thru in life!."
2 comments:
Great quotes! Thanks for sharing! ;) I like the pic too! Pedro looks like he has highlights.... could definitely pull it off, Pedro!
PETER HIBBS? Is it really you? I stumbled onto here from Stephanie Leiby's site - I can't believe it! :)
Hope you're doing well. I'll have to read up on your blog and get caught up.
Marlene (used to be Morris) Fletcher
Post a Comment