Yesterday I was able to spend time with a horse named Nyna. My favorite part of it was spending about 5 minutes alone with her in the round pen. It's always good to let them have a little 'run' to take the edge off once they are saddled. So, you typically stand in the middle of the ring and let them run around the outside to snort, buck and get the kinks out before you get on :)
What I love most about this time is when you stop encouraging them to 'run' and encourage them to come towards you. I think this is called 'locking-on'. It is a time when they would rather be with you in the middle than running around the outside. Oh what a sweet connection with an animal as they come towards you and lower their head and let out a deep sigh. Come to think of it that is my favorite time with Jesus too. Coming in close to Him, letting out a deep sigh and enjoying His presence and embrace. What a blessing the Lord gave me yesterday with Nyna!
6 comments:
Oh jen where do you ride at? I love to ride even though I know very little about horses. I've ridden a few times especially in high school and I've wanted to ever since. I'm so glad you got too!
Erin M.
oh, i love seeing you in your element! Sweet time to have!
Love ya.
Ti
Reading this post and seeing your picture made my day. Why do we live so far apart???
I'm doing my first western clinic ever next weekend....with my eventing horse. Teehee! Love you.
You are in your element with horses? I had that privilege as a child with a grandfather, it was his passion. He managed to pass it on to my daughter, Elizabeth, without even knowing her.
I'm looking forward to getting together with you and Peter soon.
I love how you express your heart on this blog.
I love that picture of you! Thanks for sharing...you are an encouragement. Allison
That's beautiful! You're beautiful!
Post a Comment