
So, today we had about a 3 hour prayer meeting. I was in charge of planning it and by the time it was ready to start i had absolutely NO interest in praying at all, peter & i were in a big argument and basically my heart was really hard. Then God showed up and it all changed....we met over at kellie's place as her new bed was being delivered today and we didn't know what time it might show up. After we all got settled we read a couple Psalms (it always surprises me how God's word softens my heart). He was drawing me to Him. I then had planned that we could each take a walk or find a quiet place to reflect and thank God for 10 things He has done.
I headed out to the park - it was amazing. Not many people were out, it was a crisp 40 degrees or so. I walked down on the beach and sat down to write & reflect. Sometimes it is easy to thank God for the good thiings (providing for our flat, a spouse, sunshine, seasons) yet i found Him guiding me to thank Him for the hard things. I thank Him that i am not in control, that He is showing me each day how to trust Him, that our miscarriages were not to harm us, but to draw us closer to Him and that i may be able to say they were a 'blessing?' It is always so amazing when God speaks to you. I had to take some pics to remember those special moments when God speaks. Here are a couple...

Then on my walk back i came across this tall, hansome man....
4 comments:
mmmmm. thanks for sharing, Jen. Why is it that it can be so hard have soft hearts and so easy to have hard hearts? Sometimes I see myself being so stubborn and haning on to what I think is the right way or whatever. Then it is always humbling when the Lord takes us and gently reminds us of who he is, and who we are and are not. Thanks for sharing your struggles... and then the moments when they are turned into something beautiful.
Thank you dearest....we pray that God will continue to do His work there in Kaunas. We are so proud of you and pray that HE will bring a revival...that's the way we prayed last night in our growth group as Jason and Tiana shared. Love you!
thanks for sharing your heart, not just your news, with us, Jen. you are such a beautiful woman, from the soul out.
I'm encouraged that Jesus is at work in you and your team. Thanks for sharing.
I want more photos of that dashingly handsome man...
Post a Comment