Here is a funny story for you.....
as you have previously read, Peter was scheduled to get home on Friday night. So i was out in Gresham on Thursday night running some errands, he texts me and says he wants to call from Amsterdam. I tell him to call my cell phone because i am not home - he writes back and is like....no it's cheaper to call home, how long til you'll be home?
So, i am speeding down I84 trying to get home as i do not want to miss his call.
As i pull into the driveway he calls and i get even more flustered as i am trying to get inside, it is pouring down rain outside and my hands are full (as always). As i opened up the door i see every candle lit in our living room and music playing......what is going on???? Did I forget to blow out the candles when i left.....oh no!
Then Peter popped his head around the corner!!! AHHHHH! I screamed and tried to understand that he really was standing right in front of me!!!! They had gotten on the flight out of Nairobi a day early :) what a huge blessing and praise!
3 comments:
Oh my word! How sweet is your husband! And what a huge blessing! Isn't the Lord great?! Can't wait to hear all about the trip (and see it, too) :)
GREAT story!!
I have tears in my eyes... good job Peter! and Jen... you deserve a great surprise like that. I love you guys!!!!! I look forward to seeing you at briefing. :-)
Post a Comment